- Q4 net revenue increased 14.5% to $25.3 million
- Q4 earnings per share grew 39% to $0.18
- Provides 2013 guidance of $106-$110 million in net revenue and $0.66-$0.70 EPS
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vascular Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq:VASC) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. Net revenue increased 14.5% from the fourth quarter of 2011 to a record $25.3 million. U.S. product revenue increased 17% to $21.5 million while international product revenue increased 4% to $3.8 million compared to the year-ago fourth quarter. Net revenue was within the company's guidance range of $25.0 million to $26.0 million.
Gross margin across all product lines was 67.2% in the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase from 65.7% in the fourth quarter of 2011, and a sequential increase from 66.7% in the third quarter of 2012. Most of the year-over-year improvement in product gross margin was the result of increasing sales of higher margin products and the January 2012 purchase of the intellectual property relating to the Pronto ® catheters, which resulted in the elimination of royalty expenses on the Pronto products.
Operating income for the fourth quarter was $4.7 million, representing an operating margin of 18.5% and an increase from an operating margin of 15.6% in the fourth quarter of 2011.Net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.1 million, a 41% increase from the year-earlier fourth quarter. Earnings per diluted share were $0.18, an increase of 39% from the $0.13 reported in the year-earlier quarter. EPS in the fourth quarter of 2012 exceeded the company's guidance range of $0.16-$0.17. "During the fourth quarter we continued the very strong performance that characterized our first three quarters of 2012," commented Howard Root, Chief Executive Officer of Vascular Solutions. "Revenue reached a record quarterly level, and we surpassed our long-term milestone of attaining $100 million in annualized sales. For the full year, we are proud to have delivered our 9 th consecutive year of double-digit product revenue growth while continuing to improve our operating profits by an even higher percentage and generating record operating cash flows." Fourth Quarter Revenue by Product Line Net sales of catheter products, the company's largest product line, were $15.6 million during the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of 14% compared to $13.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV