Joseph J. Liberatore, President, said, "Our foundation of great people, processes and flexible operating model along with our tenured leadership and sales teams, drove revenues from continuing operations of $1.08 billion in 2012 while setting annual revenue records for Tech and HIM. In the fourth quarter of 2012, the Firm continued its solid performance driving year-over-year Flex margin increases across all segments, which aggregated to a 100 basis point improvement on a total Firm basis, primarily driven by the increase in the spread between our bill and pay rates. We were able to profitably grow revenues with both large and small clients. Discussions with our clients and certain key performance indicators indicate consistent demand for our service offerings, particularly in Technology. With a renewed emphasis on Focus, Simplicity and Accountability, Kforce intends to continue to aggressively pursue business opportunities with the goal of gaining significant client and market share."
Mr. Liberatore noted additional operational results for the fourth quarter include:
- Flex revenue per billing day of $4.2 million in Q4 '12 increased 2.0% from $4.1 million in Q3 '12 and increased 2.2% from $4.1 million in Q4 '11.
- Sequential percentage changes in Flex revenue on a billing day basis by segment were: 8.7% increase for HIM, 8.3% increase for Government Solutions, 2.1% increase for FA, and a 0.3% increase for Tech.
- Year-over-year changes in Flex revenue on a billing day basis were a 3.3% increase in HIM, 2.7% increase in Tech, 2.1% increase in Government Solutions, and a 0.2% increase in FA.
- Search revenue of $11.1 million in Q4 '12 decreased 10.3% from $12.4 million in Q3 '12 and increased 9.2% from $10.2 million in Q4 '11.
David M. Kelly, Chief Financial Officer, said, "The Firm continued to perform well in Q4 '12. Q4 '12 contained 62 billing days while Q3 '12 contained 63 billing days and Q4 '11 contained 61 billing days." Mr. Kelly continued, "In 2012, the Firm took advantage of our flexibility and capacity to gain market share while protecting our strong balance sheet and delivering solid financial results. Cash flow and EBITDA continued to be strong in 2012. During 2012, the Firm repurchased approximately 3.4 million shares of Kforce common stock which represented 8.9% of outstanding shares at December 31, 2011. We will continue to be opportunistic in future repurchases as cash flow and market conditions warrant. On February 1, 2013, the Kforce Board of Directors increased the outstanding stock repurchase authorization by $50.0 million to $89.9 million. The Firm also issued a special dividend of $1.00 per share during December 2012, which we believe provided a significant return to our shareholders. We believe we are well positioned to take advantage of available opportunities in 2013 and grow revenues and profitability."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV