Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
VEGF Inhibition: Therapy-Indicating and Prognostic Biomarkers, 2013
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), which plays an important role in angiogenesis, has been extensively studied and over-expression is seen in many cancers. Today, VEGF is targeted using antibodies and tyrosine kinase inhibitors, and antiangiogenic therapy is a standard treatment for many cancers, including colorectal and non-small cell lung cancer.
While VEGF inhibitors such as bevacizumab (Avastin®) provide valuable treatment options, these benefits are not seen in all patients and cancer types. Today, there is an urgent need for predictive biomarkers to enable those patients most likely to benefit from VEGF inhibition, to be identified. This report provides a review of findings to date on biomarkers associated with the use bevacizumab (Avastin®); both therapy-indicating and prognostic.
The identification of therapy-indicating and prognostic biomarkers relating to antiangiogenic therapy is in its early stages, however important advances have been made. This report identifies the latest findings on ten different cancers and includes an evaluation of candidate biomarkers as a basis for interpreting patient outcomes according to RECIST criteria, and evaluates existing bevacizumab-containing treatments and drug combinations.
• A comprehensive review of clinical studies that have identified biomarkers that are either therapy-indicating in respect of bevacizumab (Avastin®) or indicative of patient prognosis
• Biomarkers identified or further evaluated in the last five years, up until
. From a background of extensive research on bevacizumab (Avastin®) and VEGF-related biomarkers, the most important findings have been identified for their significance and value to patients and in designing clinical trials
• Covering more than ten cancers including colorectal, ovarian, renal, breast, pancreatic, prostate, lung and liver cancers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts