"Since I took over as sole portfolio manager seven months ago, I have purchased/repurchased only eight stocks, seven of which have risen - and are currently the seven largest positions in the fund (we took a small loss on Apple, which I sold)," wrote Tilson, famous for both short and long positions he has taken on Netflix (NFLX) among many other names.
Tilson, who started T2 Partners with Glenn Tongue, split away from Tongue, and formed his own fund, Kase Capital, taking over as sole portfolio manager seven months ago. Kase stands for the first letters of the first name of the four most important people in Tilson's life: his wife, Susan, and three daughters, Alison, Emily, and Katharine.
Tilson also gave details on his largest long positions in his portfolio, with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) continuing to account for the largest position in the fund. Rounding out the top five positions are AIG (AIG), Howard Hughes (HHC), Citigroup (C), and Goldman Sachs (GS).In addition to listing his long positions in the letter, Tilson also noted that he is short eight positions, including InterOil (IOC), Nokia (NOK) and K-12. A call to Tilson was not immediately returned. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV