James T. Jacks Joins Patton Boggs LLP
DALLAS, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Patton Boggs LLP is pleased to announce that James T. Jacks, former United States Attorney for the Northern District of Texas, has joined the firm as partner. Resident in Patton Boggs' Dallas office, Mr. Jacks joins the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice group.
As a member of the firm's litigation team, Mr. Jacks will focus on client matters involving a range of legal areas, with a focus on those involving internal investigations, white collar crime, securities fraud, health care fraud as well as national security matters. Mr. Jacks joins Patton Boggs from the United States Attorney's Office, Northern District of Texas, with which he was affiliated from June of 1982 until September 2012.
Mr. Jacks served as United States Attorney from January 2009 until September 2011, during which time he served as the chief federal law enforcement officer for the Northern District of Texas. In that role, he managed an office of more than 100 lawyers and 120 support and administrative personnel with an annual budget of approximately $20 million. From January 2003 to January 2009, Mr. Jacks served as the First Assistant United States Attorney. Mr. Jacks was a part of the trial team that secured multiple convictions in the largest terrorism financing prosecution ever brought by the Department of Justice.While U.S. Attorney, Mr. Jacks served on the Attorney General's Advisory Subcommittee on Terrorism and National Security, which was tasked with formulating the department's national anti-terrorism strategy and resolving other national security issues. He likewise served on the White Collar Crime Subcommittee as well as the Securities & Commodities Fraud Working Group, which was responsible for coordinating the government's response to the economic crisis beginning in 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV