TheScore Launches Its Leading Sports App On BlackBerry 10 Platform
Share this news: http://thesco.re/XfhLIC
TORONTO, Feb. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - theScore, Inc. (TSX Venture: SCR) today announced the launch of its flagship BlackBerry app, which has been completely re-engineered and redesigned for specifically for the BlackBerry 10 platform.
theScore for BlackBerry 10 has the clean look and brand consistency that users of theScore's applications have come to expect, built using BlackBerry 10 development best practices and design patterns. This new experience will keep you in the action like never before. Key features include:
- Up-to-the-second box scores, player stats, league leaders, betting odds, game previews, recaps, top stories, schedules and league standings.
- Live coverage of Football (NFL), Basketball (NBA, NCAA Mens), Hockey (NHL), and Soccer (English Premier League, UEFA Champions League), with live coverage of theScore's full slate of professional and collegiate leagues coming soon.
- Enhanced "My Score" functionality to enable users to customize the app to their needs - follow any team, or player throughout the season to view their performances as they happen, and use Player Grouping to follow your fantasy teams' players in real-time.
- New "Player Card Profiles", allowing users to do in-depth research with player photos, recent performances, season stats, bios and fantasy news via RotoWire.
"theScore worked closely with BlackBerry to ensure the app took advantage of all the great new features available on BB10," said Jonathan Savage, VP, Products at theScore Inc. "The Best in Class UI and clean look and feel are something we're particularly proud of."theScore is one of the most popular free sports apps in the world and is used by more than three million people each month. Also available on iPhone, iPad, Android, & Windows Phone, theScore app for BlackBerry 10 can be downloaded for free from BlackBerry World. Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. About theScore Inc. theScore, Inc. creates, aggregates and distributes sports content via established and emergent digital media assets, including mobile sports applications and its website, theScore.com. theScore's mission is to create the ultimate digital service for sports fans across web and mobile platforms. Forward-looking (safe harbour) statement Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as "may", "would", "could", "will", "believes", "plans", "anticipates", "estimates", "expects" or "intends" and other similar statements which are not historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Such statements reflect theScore's current views with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the Company's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward looking statements, including among other things, those which are discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company's Listing Application as filed with the TSX Venture Exchange and available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and elsewhere in documents that theScore files from time to time with securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law or regulatory requirement SOURCE theScore, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV