SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek Reports, a service provider for peer-based IT research and analysis, announced the release of its latest research report. Apple Outlook Survey analyzes results from InformationWeek's poll of 574 business technology decision-makers.
InformationWeek polled 331 laptop, desktop or mobile device decision-makers and 243 end users to determine how and where Apple gear is being used in the enterprise. Survey results reveal that iPhones aren't the only Apple devices making inroads; in many cases, OS X gear is riding the coattails of the hugely popular iOS-based devices.Findings:
- 85% of decision-makers report they support iPhones, with an additional 4% planning to do so; 90% currently or plan to support iPads.
- 87% of those supporting or planning to support Apple smartphones or tablets give the devices high marks for end-user satisfaction, but 45% say the upgradability is poor or very poor.
- 64% of decision-makers report having no Apple servers in their organizations.
- 45% say their top gripe with Apple products is the devices are too expensive for the value provided.
- 23% of decision-makers rate Apple's enterprise security and device management excellent or good; 31% say it's poor or unacceptable.
For full access to the research data, members can download now: http://reports.informationweek.com/abstract/83/9775/IT-Business-Strategy/research-apple-outlook-survey.html?cid=rpt_press_rls "Our survey results point to a real opportunity for Apple to gain footing in the enterprise," says Lorna Garey, content director of InformationWeek Reports. "The next six to 18 months will be the real test: Will Apple take the necessary steps to further penetrate this market, or will it remain primarily a creator of consumer-class devices?" For more information:Lorna Garey Content Director, InformationWeek Reports 978-694-1681 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV