LAS VEGAS, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NV Energy and its Foundation contributed $6.1 million last year, including multi-year commitments, to support more than 400 nonprofits statewide. NV Energy provides funds to local nonprofit organizations that support education, the environment, youth development, arts and multi-cultural outreach, and health and human services.
Standing behind NV Energy's philanthropic commitment were its employees, who volunteered 39,500 hours to help nonprofits statewide.
"Giving back to the communities we serve is an important value we treasure at NV Energy," said Michael Yackira, President and Chief Executive Officer for NV Energy. "I'm proud of the contributions of our Foundation and our employees that make a difference in Nevada."Grants and sponsorships were given to more than 225 southern Nevada nonprofits including the Rape Crisis Center, Heaven Can Wait Animal Sanctuary, Goodie Two Shoes, Junior Achievement and 100 Black Men of Las Vegas. In northern Nevada, more than 200 organizations received grants and sponsorships, including the Nevada Humane Society, Committee to Aid Abused Women, Reno Chamber Orchestra, Bristlecone Family Resources and the Tahoe Rim Trail. For more information please visit nvenergy.com/community. Headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, NV Energy, Inc. is a holding company with principal subsidiaries, Nevada Power Company and Sierra Pacific Power Company, doing business as NV Energy. Serving a combined 45,592-square-mile service territory, NV Energy provides a wide range of energy services and products to approximately 2.4 million citizens of Nevada and nearly 40 million tourists annually. SOURCE NV Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV