Liquidware Labsâ¿¢ Announces GA Of ProfileUnityâ¿¢ FlexApp Â¿¢ 5.5 With Major Enhancements For WindowsÂ® Desktop Management
CHICAGO and ATLANTA, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liquidware Labs, the leader in desktop transformation solutions, today announced significant new features being released in ProfileUnity Flex App 5.5, propelling this solution to a leading world-class Windows User Management Solution. ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 introduces optional FlexApp Department Installed Applications (DIA), a newly redesigned Admin user interface, tighter integration with Microsoft Active Directory, and numerous other significant new features.
"No other product on the market today rivals ProfileUnity FlexApp for comprehensive Windows Desktop Management at this price point," said Jason Mattox CTO for Liquidware Labs. "We're leveraging tried-and-true virtualization technologies to re-invent the way that Windows administrators manage users and applications, which are the most difficult components of desktops to bring under control."
Liquidware Labs Channel Partners Praise ProfileUnity "The installation of ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 is very smooth. We found the packaging of Department Installed FlexApp very straight-forward and very easy to navigate, said Steve Wood, Technical Consultant, SITS Group, a leading Newcastle, UK based Citrix® and VMware® integration partner. "Overall we have been impressed with the new GUI, it was easy to navigate and a nice upgrade to the aesthetics of the previous version. I also like the new Profile Cleanup option that was introduced, it is a nice-to-have feature."
Innovative New Features
The following new features are now available:
- FlexApp DIA Option – The optional DIA feature set has an intuitive Application Packaging Console and enables administrators to make applications available to users through unique patent-pending technologies which exhibit an unprecedented compatibility rate for virtualizing the installation of applications. FlexApp currently only supports non-persistent VDI environments but will be extended to physical and persistent environments next year.
- Blacklist and Whitelist Capabilities – Privilege Elevation features for FlexApp User Installed Applications have been expanded to include the ability blacklist and whitelist applications by name and signed certificate, and can be limited to a list of approved applications located in a file path.
- New Graphical User Interface –A completely new management console look-and-feel has been updated to function more like a control panel. The application still has all the advantages of being able to be run as a web console.
- Profile Cleanup – A profile cleanup function can be set to automatically delete the local version of profiles by scheduled intervals. This feature is especially helpful in Terminal Services or Citrix XenApp environments where profiles can consume large amounts of storage.
- Authentication and Automated Integration with Microsoft Active Directory -- ProfileUnity is now easier than ever to setup and administer. An enhanced Guided Configuration Wizard applies ProfileUnity Management to select groups automatically in AD. Additionally, ProfileUnity Administrative Access can now be controlled through AD groups.
- VHD Provisioning – Administrators will have the ability to provision VHD storage for users by using Context- Aware Filters to automatically provision a VHD to a specified storage area. The VHD can even be predetermined as expandable and be limited to a maximum size.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV