News Summary: Banker Accused Of China Land Fraud
By The Associated Press
ARRESTED: A bank officer from a poor region in rural China was arrested Monday on suspicion of forging official documents in a campaign that amassed her a real estate empire worth at least $160 million.
THE ACCUSATIONS: Gong Ai'ai is accused of acquiring 45 properties in three cities by misusing her power while working for the county-backed Shenmu Rural Commercial Bank to give loans to mine operators in the area in return for cash or shares in the mines.
FAKE ID: Gong is accused of using that money and at least three fake national identity cards obtained with help of corrupt police to fund her real estate purchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV