DAYTON, Ohio, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the analytic data solutions company, today announced that Teradata is positioned as a leader in the 2013 Gartner, Inc. Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems* for the fourteenth consecutive year. We believe this recognition to be a testament to our superior product innovation and best practices.
This Gartner report positions vendors based on vision and execution in the growing and competitive data warehouse DBMS market.
"Our track record of long-standing relationships with the world's most successful organizations is unsurpassed," said Bob Fair, executive vice president, Teradata. "We are delighted to be recognized again by Gartner for our achievement in delivering the most sophisticated database for the most demanding and diverse companies around the world. Teradata's vision has shaped this market for over three decades, and I am confident that we will continue to be the trusted partner of the world's most data-driven companies."Among its innovations, the company recently introduced the Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™. For the first time, analysts can capture, refine, and store detailed data in Hadoop, use the Teradata Aster platform to discover new insights, and make the resulting intelligence available with the Teradata Database whenever and wherever it's required. Teradata is the first company to unify all forms of data into an architecture that enables business insights from across the enterprise. "We are pleased that Gartner has recognized us as leader in terms of vision for the logical data warehouse and our Unified Data Architecture – that combines Teradata, Aster and Hadoop technology, and is complemented by our Unity portfolio. Gartner's assessment of Teradata's leadership validates our strategy and market strength," said Scott Gnau, president of Teradata Labs. "Teradata remains relentlessly focused on driving innovation and delivering best-in-class technologies, such as our Unified Data Architecture. With today's explosion of data volumes and types, companies need to exploit all of their data to succeed. They are increasingly turning to Teradata for the most intelligent, advanced and economically viable approaches to data and analytics." Relevant News Links
- Web link to the report: Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems
- New BLOG from Scott Gnau, Teradata Labs President: "Leading the Pack"
- Scott Gnau Explains Teradata UDA – Video clip on YouTube
- News announcement introducing the Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™
- Web page for the Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV