AKRON, Ohio, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) has launched a new mobile website and free smartphone app for the customers of its electric utility companies in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and Maryland. The new tools make it even easier for customers to access important information and services related to their electric accounts.
Features of the website and app include:
- A simple power outage reporting process and access to the company's 24/7 Power Center outage maps;
- Secure and convenient account access to review and pay monthly electric bills, analyze electric usage and enroll in electronic billing;
- A click-to-call feature to reach customer service and links to the company's social media sites;
- One-click access to the full company website from each page of the mobile site.
The mobile website is automatically enabled when customers use a smartphone to visit www.firstenergycorp.com. There's an app for each of FirstEnergy's 10 electric operating companies, and they're available for Apple® iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. Customers can use the keyword "FirstEnergy" to locate the apps in the online store.
"Our new smartphone app and mobile website make it easier for our customers to stay in touch with us and conduct every-day transactions when they're on the go, whether it's reporting a power outage or paying a bill," said Ronald I. Green, vice president, Customer Service. "The new tools also make our simple and secure online bill payment programs even more convenient."The app and mobile website are part of FirstEnergy's ongoing effort to enhance service to its utility customers. Additional projects in development include two-way text messaging and text message and email alerts for outage and bill communications, enhancements to the 24/7 Power Center, and greater functionality on the mobile website and app.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts