Kentucky Beer Distributors Generate 1,521 Direct Jobs, $496 Million In Total Economic Impacts
New Study Measures Jobs, Economic Impact and Community Service
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new economic impact report released by the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) – America's Beer Distributors: Fueling Jobs, Generating Economic Growth & Delivering Value to Local Communities – provides the first-ever comprehensive report on beer distribution companies' total impact on national and state economies.
The report, produced by Dr. Bill Latham and Dr. Ken Lewis of the Center for Applied Business & Economic Research at the University of Delaware, provides an in-depth view of beer distributors' economic contributions by taking into account how beer distributor activities are intertwined with many parts of the economy, especially the personal services sector. The report also accounts for the amount of resources contributed by beer distributors in supporting community events and local economic development, contributing to charitable causes and promoting responsible alcohol use and adds the impacts of these activities to the usual impacts of distributor operations.Key findings of the study include:
- Kentucky beer distributors directly employ 1,521 people.
- When the impacts of Kentucky distributor operations, capital investment and community involvement are considered, the total number of impact jobs is 3,637.
- Kentucky beer distributors generate $496 million in total economic impacts.
- Kentucky beer distributor activities contribute $104 million to the federal, state and local tax bases. This does not include an added $150 million in federal, state and local alcohol excise and consumption taxes on beer sold in Kentucky.
- The Kentucky beer distribution industry contributes more than $255 million in transportation efficiencies for the beer industry each year.
- Beer distributor contributions to local community activities generate more than $2 million in impacts annually.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV