New York Beer Distributors Generate 7,630 Direct Jobs, $3.5 Billion In Total Economic Impacts
New Study Measures Jobs, Economic Impact and Community Service
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new economic impact report released by the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) – America's Beer Distributors: Fueling Jobs, Generating Economic Growth & Delivering Value to Local Communities – provides the first-ever comprehensive report on beer distribution companies' total impact on national and state economies.
The report, produced by Dr. Bill Latham and Dr. Ken Lewis of the Center for Applied Business & Economic Research at the University of Delaware, provides an in-depth view of beer distributors' economic contributions by taking into account how beer distributor activities are intertwined with many parts of the economy, especially the personal services sector. The report also accounts for the amount of resources contributed by beer distributors in supporting community events and local economic development, contributing to charitable causes and promoting responsible alcohol use and adds the impacts of these activities to the usual impacts of distributor operations.Key findings of the study include:
- New York beer distributors directly employ 7,630 people.
- When the impacts of New York distributor operations, capital investment and community involvement are considered, the total number of impact jobs is 19,289.
- New York beer distributors generate $3.5 billion in total economic impacts.
- New York beer distributor activities contribute nearly $813 million to the federal, state and local tax bases. This does not include an added $447 million in federal, state and local alcohol excise and consumption taxes on beer sold in New York.
- The New York beer distribution industry contributes more than $924 million in transportation efficiencies for the beer industry each year.
- Beer distributor contributions to local community activities generate $8.8 million in impacts annually.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts