Webair Successfully Completes SSAE 16 Examination For NY1 Data Center
NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Webair, a global leader in cloud hosting and managed services, announced today the successful completion of control procedures and compliance for its NY1 data center as verified in a Service Organization Control Report (SOC 1) prepared under the terms of SSAE 16 by independent auditing firm BrightLine CPAs & Associates, Inc.
"Not only are we devoted to our clients ever growing technological needs, but we are also focused on operating our data centers and facilities at the highest regulatory standards that our industry allows," said John Rugolsky, Operations Manager, Webair.
SSAE 16, developed by the Auditing Standards Board (ASB) of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), replaces SAS 70, which was the standard used for reviewing service organization control processes for nearly two decades. BrightLine CPAs & Associates, Inc, performed an independent examination and extensive testing of control activities and effectiveness at Webair's NY1 data center, with a full assessment of:
- Physical Security- Operations and customer service- Development and information technology organization- Risk assessment monitoringThe controls addressed in SSAE 16 are those that a service organization implements to prevent, or detect and correct, errors or omissions in the information it provides to user entities. SSAE 16 report assures potential and existing clients that Webair's policies and procedures are sound and that critical Internet services and data are secure. Webair customers can request a copy of the report, which should make it easier for them to pass their own SSAE 16 audit. "We want these results to be accessible to all of our clients to not only show them our dedication to their success, but also, our commitment to providing the security and safety that their business deserves," added Mr. Rugolsky. Located in Garden City, NY, Webair's flagship data center known as NY1 is the most secure and redundant facility east of New York City. Strategically located 25 miles outside Manhattan, NY1 boasts the lowest network latency to Europe via direct feeds to Transatlantic fiber. Offering a full range of managed services, cloud hosting and disaster recovery suites, NY1 provides for all of a company's Internet needs. About Webair
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts