- Maintains funding for the Veterinary School at the University of Pennsylvania at $27.8 million for veterinary activities, $248,000 for the school's Center for Infectious Diseases, and $44.7 million for agricultural research and extension at Penn State;
- Increases support for the state's nation-leading farmland preservation program with $35 million to preserve productive farmland against development; and
- Ensures critical funding for the State Food Purchase Program at $17 million to help food insecure Pennsylvanians;
- Continues funding for the Resource Enhancement and Protection Program, which provides $10 million in tax credits to producers who use best-management practices that protect our waterways and farmland.
- Increases funding for county fairs, at $2.5 million, that attract more than six million visitors each year and showcase the best of local agriculture.
Governor Corbett's Budget Proposal Invests In Agriculture
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts