- Expanding Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities– $20 million in additional funds to reduce a waiting list for home and community-based services for individuals with intellectual disabilities, providing services for 1,080 adults graduating from Special Education programs and adults in at-risk situations where their families may not be able to continue caring for them, and 118 adults who receive autism services;
- Expanded Services for Older Pennsylvanians – $21 million from increased lottery funds, due to the Lottery Private Management Agreement, to account for growth in home and community-based services which would allow 1,550 additional older Pennsylvanians to receive services at home;
- Expanding Services for Individuals with Physical Disabilities – $20 million in additional funds to provide home and community-based long-term living services for 1,680 individuals;
- Child Care Assistance – $7.1 million in additional funds to reduce the waiting list, allowing 1,400 additional children of low-income families to receive subsidized child care services;
- Improving the Quality of Child Care Programs – $3 million in additional funds for the Rising STARS initiative, which creates incentives for early child care and education providers to provide higher quality child care for our most at-risk children, giving them a strong foundation for the future;
- Juvenile Justice Reinvestment – $10 million in reinvestments into research-based prevention and intervention programs for at-risk children through a multi-agency Juvenile Justice Reinvestment Initiative; and
- Continued Investment in Specialized Hospital Services – $20 million to fully fund critical supplemental payments to hospitals, including obstetrical and neonatal facilities, burn centers, trauma centers and critical access facilities.
Governor Corbett's 2013-14 Budget: Helping Pennsylvanians In Need
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.