FROM "I HEART PARKS" GEAR TO ROMANTIC PARK DESTINATIONS, PLAN THE PERFECT VALENTINE'S DAY FOR THE PARK LOVER IN YOUR LIFE AT WWW.NATIONALPARKS.ORG
WASHINGTON, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Finding the perfect gift for your valentine can seem daunting, but the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America's national parks, has compiled the resources to help you create the perfect Valentine's Day experience - one that also gives back. After all, your valentine will enjoy your thoughtful sentiment even more knowing that it directly protects America's national parks. There are many great ways you can give a gift that preserves a legacy including the National Park Foundations' own I "heart" parks line of gear and apparel. Find t-shirts, mugs, bags and even something for man's best friend at the National Park Marketplace.
With the perfect gift in hand, the focus becomes selecting the best romantic backdrop. From firsthand history lessons to heart-pumping adventures, America's national parks boast an exceptional list of unique experiences and activities year-round. But did you know they can also set the stage for a perfect romantic getaway? If you are looking for a unique way to celebrate Valentine's Day, you will be inspired at all there is to do – and love – in our national parks.
- Take a moonlight tour of the National Mall in Washington, D.C.
- Snorkel coral reefs in the Virgin Islands National Park in St. John
- Sip hot chocolate while cozying up by a campfire in Cuyahoga Valley National Park in Ohio
- Share the sea breeze while you whale watch in Point Reyes National Seashore in California
- Indulge yourself and your senses with a spa treatment at Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas
- Let a ranger guide you on a snowshoe hike in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming
- Snuggle up on a wagon ride at Oxon Cove in Maryland
- Enjoy and evening of star gazing in Everglades National Park in Florida