Governor Corbett's Budget Offers Hope For Pennsylvania's Future
As a result in changes to management of the Lottery, changes publicly discussed over nine months and explained in public hearings both last April and last month; we can meet the future needs of our seniors. In this budget alone, we now are able to add $50 million for our senior programs.
These funds will:
- Expand care for 5,400 older Pennsylvanians on home and community-based waiting lists and provide $2 million to help modernize programs at centers.
- Continue to provide financial assistance for prescription medications to almost 300,000 older Pennsylvanians.
- Include an increase of $1.9 million in funding for Attendant Care Services, and $12 million to provide support for 7,000 caregivers.
"Our agriculture exports now approach $1.7 billion annually. Farming in Pennsylvania is a business, but it remains, inherently, a family business,'' Corbett said."That is why we worked together last year to end the inheritance tax on family farm land. The value of land for housing and commercial centers is very high. The value of the tradition and contribution of agriculture on that same land is beyond calculation. "No farming family should have to bury their father or mother and their way of life at the same time. Nor should we lose our farm land to uncontrolled development,'' Corbett said. This budget proposes:
- Nearly $35 million to fund the nation's best farmland preservation program.
- Offers $10 million to continue a system of tax credits for Resource Enhancement Protection Program that rewards farmers for best environmental and management practices.
- Increases funding to $2.5 million for Pennsylvania's county fairs.
- About $17 million to fund the state Food Purchase Program providing critical help to Pennsylvanians who are at risk of having too little to eat.
- Funding for The PennVET program at the University of Pennsylvania and agricultural research and extension service program at Penn State.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts