Governor Corbett's Budget Offers Hope For Pennsylvania's Future
" Pennsylvania sits within a day's drive of 60 percent of the nation's population. Every year, nearly half-a-trillion dollars worth of goods and services move through our state transportation system,'' Corbett said.
"Transportation is the bloodstream of our economy. If it fails, our economy fails.
"Our customary way of funding transportation has fallen short of our needs. Travel patterns have changed. Cars have become more fuel-efficient. People buy less at the pump."Coupled with rising construction costs and a lack of serious action from the federal government, this drop in revenue threatens our roads and bridges, and with them, our safety and our livelihoods.'' As a long-term solution, Corbett proposes:
- A 17 percent reduction on the flat tax paid by consumers at the pump.
- A five-year phase out of an artificial and outdated cap on the tax paid by oil and gas companies on the wholesale price of gasoline.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts