Governor Corbett's Budget Offers Hope For Pennsylvania's Future
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today presented his 2013-14 budget to the General Assembly, telling lawmakers that thanks to two years of fiscal restraint, Pennsylvania is now on a solid financial footing for the future.
"I believe Pennsylvania's best days are ahead,'' Corbett said. "We are a state blessed with a wealth of natural resources. We are, and will always be, the Keystone State because of our unique location in this country and the world. Most of all, we are home to the hardest-working people in the world. Pennsylvania has unlimited potential.''
"We have worked together to bring spending under control. We have worked together to reduce taxes, putting more money into the pockets of our hard-working taxpayers and small business owners. We have worked together and learned that our potential is, and continues to be, greater than any challenge we face.
"We didn't create our success by raising taxes. We created it by expanding opportunities,'' Corbett said."But great challenges must be met if we are to continue strengthening our commonwealth and fulfill the promise of a brighter future for all Pennsylvanians. "Our job isn't to explain why things can't be better. Our obligation is to make things better. We ran on the promise to change Harrisburg. Leave it to the historians to write our history. Our job is to make history – now.'' Corbett's proposed budget focuses on eight key areas: education, pensions, transportation, healthcare, welfare, agriculture, public safety and jobs. Education "We have moved beyond the age of the blackboard as new technologies tie every classroom to the world and have the potential to link every young life to a bright future,'' Corbett said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV