NEW YORK, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nickelodeon today announced an exclusive apparel, toy and specialty goods line inspired by Dora Rocks! , the music-themed half-hour primetime special which premiered in January. Available now exclusively at Target stores nationwide and on Target.com through April, the product line features musical elements, vivid colors and a fresh new outfit for Dora. Emmy award-winning Dora the Explorer currently reaches more preschoolers than any other show on television (12.4 million), and averages a 4.9/661,000 K2-5 and 1.5 million total viewers.
"We are excited to bring the Dora Rocks! experience to Target's guests," said Ron Johnson, senior vice president of Retail Development, Nickelodeon Consumer Products. " Dora Rocks! extends the interactivity kids and parents have come to expect from the show , bringing Dora into their homes with specially designed products."
Dora Rocks! features an array of themed products, only available at Target, including:
- Exclusive apparel and accessories such as T-shirts, backpacks, shoes and more
- A DVD package, distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment, featuring the direct-to-DVD release of "Dora Rocks!"
- Dora Rocks! Music from the Special & More CD featuring 12 upbeat tracks including the series theme song and tunes from the television special
- Dora Rocks! themed bedding, toys, games, headphones, musical instruments, books and activities.
In " Dora Rocks," Benny has a sing-along party where he and Dora perform a special song together. Before they arrive at Benny's Barn, Dora and Boots must use a microphone for the animals to create a rocky avalanche to cross Rumble Canyon. When they discover that Benny forgot to send out invitations to his party, they use the microphone again to call all of their friends to the barn for the sing-along.Nickelodeon's award-winning website, www.nickjr.com, offers parents and preschoolers the opportunity to learn more about the " Dora Rocks!" special and print out activities like a musical learning pack, make your own microphone, puppet theatre, and much more. Parents are able to submit videos of their kids rocking out to the song from the special for a chance to see them in a music video on TV and on the website. The website features a brand new online game for kids, Dora Rocks!: A Sing-Along Party Game and a Dora fan club sweepstakes giving away the ultimate music party, plus other Dora Rocks! prizes. About NickelodeonNickelodeon, now in its 33rd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 18 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV