Feb. 5, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Innovid, the technology platform delivering immersive video advertising anywhere, today released its Interactive Video Advertising Benchmarks: Q4 2012. The Benchmark provides advertisers with the only comparative report in the industry to assess the performance of video and help plan the most impactful media allocation. Overall, marketers running simple pre-roll campaigns saw an average 1.21% Engagement rate and 69.59% Completion rate on average. Meanwhile, campaigns utilizing video interactivity saw a whopping 3.09% Engagement rate and 71.58% Completion rate. Furthermore, interactive campaigns delivered an additional 21.57 seconds in time spent, converting 30 second media buys into 51.57 slots and delivering a 70% increase in brand exposure with no additional media investment.
Innovid studied over 900 campaigns in Q4 2012, served utilizing its advanced video Ad Server on more than 1000 premium publishers and ad networks globally. The first report of its kind, provides benchmarks for Awareness Rate, Engagement Rate, Time Earned, Completion Rate, Ad Viewability, and Click-Thru Rate focusing on Pre-roll, Innovid's iRoll
Apps, and iRoll
Expand formats. Innovid examined metrics from hundreds of advertisers across 15 different categories to produce the quarterly report, which is available for download at:
"The Quarterly Benchmark report is a great representation of how video advertising is performing across the industry," said
, CEO of Innovid. "We served simple pre-roll campaigns to the most complex interactive units across thousands of sites for our clients. Adding a native element like interactivity to pre-roll campaigns proved to be a winning strategy for advertisers, who were able to maximize the impact of their media buys and earn an average additional time spent of 21 seconds of consumers with their brand. This Benchmark report should help our agency and media partners evaluate creative impact, media planning efficacy, campaign performance, and make better decisions about their media allocation."
Overall key findings of the Innovid Interactive Video Advertising Benchmarks: Q4 2012 report include:
- 15 second slots saw the highest completion rate at 74.41%, versus 30 second slots that delivered a 68.91%
- Consumers however are more likely to engage with longer form content, clicking-in at 2.99% rate on 30-second units versus 2.01% on 15-second slots
- Interactive campaigns recorded a 44.54% awareness rate, while pre-roll displayed only a 17.57%
- iRoll Apps provided an average 1.01%, making it a great resource for advertisers with backend goals
- iRoll Expand delivered an additional 27.37 seconds in time earned on average, providing marketers with brand goals an efficient vehicle to engage with consumers and maximize media budgets
Innovid also captured industry specific data for its iRoll Apps and Expand formats, with highlights including:
- iRoll Expand units commanded the highest Engagement Rate across the board, with the Entertainment category garnering rates as high as 6.7%, followed by Pharma at 6.08%, and CPG at 4.02%
- iRoll Expand units also recorded the highest time earned for marketers, with Movie Studios receiving an additional 36.22 seconds per impression, trailed by Finance at 36.21 seconds, and Telecom with 30.46
- When it comes to Completion Rates, the Beauty industry captivated consumers the longest with both iRoll Expand and Apps campaign showing an 85.71% and 85.67% rate respectively
- iRoll Apps for Telecom and Pharma categories delivered a 1.68% and 1.34% click-thru rate, while plain Pre-roll units came in third place at 1.21%
- Awareness (rate): The number of times the video environment is moused over by the user while the pre-roll plays and then divided by all the impressions served. The event is counted once per impression.
- Engagement (rate): The first click by the user to the iRoll unit and then divided by all the impressions served. This can either be an interactive slate open event, or click-thru depending on the format of the unit. The event is counted once per impression.
- Time Earned: The average time in seconds a user spends interacting with the unit while the pre-roll video is automatically paused in the background. Note, iRoll Apps units do not consistently require the pausing of the pre-roll video in the background, and therefore may not generate the Time Earned metric.
- Completion (rate): Impression logged immediately upon completion of the video play, divided by all impressions served.
- Ad Viewed (percent): The average duration of the pre-roll video watched by users, calculated as a percentage.
- CTR: A click directing users to a new web page and then divided by all impressions served.
Innovid delivers immersive advertising anywhere. Founded in 2007, Innovid provides visionary marketers with the tools to create, deliver and measure video campaigns, in any format, on any screen, publisher or ad network. Innovid's Ad Server was developed to address the issues specific to video ad serving and simplify the process for agencies and marketers. Bringing a new dimension to online video, Innovid's iRoll reimagines the possibilities for interactive engagement across multiple screens. For more information, visit