Connecticut Beer Distributors Generate 1,084 Direct Jobs, $554 Million In Total Economic Impacts
In the news release, Connecticut Beer Distributors Generate 1,084 Direct Jobs, $554 Million in Total Economic Impacts, issued 05-Feb-2013 by National Beer Wholesalers Association over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the second paragraph, first sentence, should read "University of Delaware" rather than "University of Connecticut" as originally issued inadvertently. The complete, corrected release follows:
Connecticut Beer Distributors Generate 1,084 Direct Jobs, $554 Million in Total Economic Impacts
New Study Measures Jobs, Economic Impact and Community Service
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new economic impact report released by the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) – America's Beer Distributors: Fueling Jobs, Generating Economic Growth & Delivering Value to Local Communities – provides the first-ever comprehensive report on beer distribution companies' total impact on national and state economies.
- Connecticut beer distributors directly employ 1,084 people.
- When the impacts of Connecticut distributor operations, capital investment and community involvement are considered, the total number of impact jobs is 3,013.
- Connecticut beer distributors generate $545 million in total economic impacts.
- Connecticut beer distributor activities contribute $126 million to the federal, state and local tax bases. This does not include an added $97 million in federal, state and local alcohol excise and consumption taxes on beer sold in Connecticut.
- The Connecticut beer distribution industry contributes more than $303 million in transportation efficiencies for the beer industry each year.
- Beer distributor contributions to local community activities generate $1.5 million in impacts annually.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts