How Electric Cars Are Helped By Crowdfunding Ultra Fast Cell Phone Battery Charge
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Test results by Potential Difference, Inc. have shown charge times measured in minutes rather than hours for off the shelf lithium ion batteries, which are used in consumer electronics products such as cell phones and laptop computers and in electric automobiles, without overheating – the result of an exclusive license from Georgia Institute of Technology and Harvard graduate Elliott Small. Crowdfunding using the international Indiegogo platform is enabling those who need the technology to help bring it to a worldwide market quickly.
The Indiegogo crowdfunding page is: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/charge-your-cell-phone-or-electric-car-battery-in-minutes
The technology does not rely on development of new battery technology. Ordinary batteries have been charged staying well below maximum charging temperatures recommended by battery manufacturers: 70% state of charge in 10 minutes, 80% in 12 minutes, and 100% in 16 minutes. Even these results might be improved with further development.
Users of cell phones and other consumer electronics such as computers, tablet computers, cameras, portable power tools will not be stranded when they have an urgent need to revive their batteries.Charging an electric vehicle with speeds closer to gasoline refueling speeds the growth of the electric vehicle industry. Electric vehicles improve the environment by not releasing emissions that contribute to global warming. Currently, the largest market for fast battery charging is cell phones and laptop computers, and Electric Vehicle battery charging is an emerging large market. Being in both markets strengthens the ability of Potential Difference to have a larger eventual impact on the environment as it pursues ultra fast electric vehicle battery charging. The Indiegogo crowdfunding platform is better suited for a consumer electronics product such as an ultra fast cell phone battery charger. Potential Difference ( http://potentialdifference.com) is an electronics technology firm that provides consumer electronics and environmental solutions. Potential Difference is:
- 1 of 30 companies selected nationwide by U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewal Energy Laboratory to present at their annual Industry Growth Forum in 2011, the nation's premier entrepreneurial event.
- 1 of 10 companies selected to receive Commercialization Assistance in 2011 by Illinois Smart Grid Regional Innovation Cluster, a collaborative effort with the U.S. Department of Energy, Illinois Science & Technology Coalition, and Clean Energy Trust
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV