Marcus® Hotels & Resorts, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), today announced that eight of its hotels across the United States earned recognition as Best Hotels in their respective cities and states by U.S. News & World Report. The 2013 Best Hotels are calculated based on the aggregate opinion of travel experts and guests expressed through awards, recommendations and ratings.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties that were recognized as Best Hotels in their respective cities and states include:
- The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ranked #1 in Best Milwaukee Hotels and #2 in Best Wisconsin Hotels.
- Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, ranked #1 in both Best Oklahoma City Hotels and Best Oklahoma Hotels for the second consecutive year.
- The InterContinental Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ranked #3 in Best Milwaukee Hotels and #5 in Best Wisconsin Hotels.
- Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, ranked #7 in Best Wisconsin Hotels.
- The Westin Columbus in Columbus, Ohio, ranked #4 in Best Columbus Hotels and #9 in Best Ohio Hotels.
- Hotel Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri, ranked #7 in Best Kansas City Hotels and #19 in Best Missouri Hotels.
- Hilton Minneapolis/ Bloomington in Bloomington, Minnesota, ranked #9 in both Best Minneapolis – St. Paul Hotels and Best Minnesota Hotels.
- The Platinum Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada, ranked #18 in both Best Las Vegas Hotels and Best Nevada Hotels.
“It is truly an honor for eight of our properties to be recognized as the best hotels in their respective cities and states,” said Kirk A. Rose, president of Marcus Hotels & Resorts. “We are extremely proud that our operational excellence and customer commitment has set these distinctive full-service hotels apart. We strive to provide our guests with superior service, and it’s due to the exceptional efforts of our associates that we have achieved these high-level national recognitions.”