Atlantic Equities analyst Richard Staite has a less optimistic view on Wells Fargo's prospects this year, and downgraded the shares to a "neutral" rating from "overweight" on Jan. 16, because of expected pressure on the company's mortgage revenue and net interest margin. Please see TheStreet's Short-Term Mortgage Pain Is Long-Term Gain for Banks for more on the industry's margin pressure and the effect of rising long-term rates on banks' mortgage revenue.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.
>Contact by Email.Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV