The 50 Best Colleges In The United States -- Not The Usual Suspects
CHICAGO, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TheBestSchools.org ( http://www.thebestschools.org), a leading website on higher education, announces its publication of The 50 Best Colleges in the United States. This carefully researched ranking focuses on undergraduate education and showcases exceptional schools not found in many popular rankings.
According to Brian Jenkins, senior editor at TheBestSchools.org, "Students interested in a significant return on investment, opportunities for intellectual and personal growth, professors dedicated to teaching undergraduate students, and an intimate school environment with research opportunities, will find a wealth of exceptional schools in our ranking."
James Barham, lead editor at TheBestSchools.org, adds, "In compiling the 50 best colleges list, we kept asking ourselves, What schools provide undergraduates with the best springboard to a full, rich life upon graduation? We didn't think the major research universities fit that bill."
The ranking focuses on schools whose main degree is a bachelor's degree and, in the case of the #1 ranked Deep Springs College, an associate's degree. The top 5 colleges listed are:
- Deep Springs College ( Deep Springs, CA)
- Swarthmore College ( Swarthmore, PA)
- Curtis Institute of Music ( Philadelphia, PA)
- Harvey Mudd College ( Claremont, CA)
- Williams College ( Williamstown, MA)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV