Separately, Cache announced preliminary unaudited results for the 13-week period ended December 29, 2012:
For the fourth quarter of 2012, the 13-week period ended December 29, 2012:
- Net sales are expected to decrease 3.3% to 60.8 million, compared to $62.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011;
- Comparable store sales are expected to decline 0.7%, compared to the 12.4% increase in the fourth quarter of 2011; and
- Pre-tax loss is currently expected in the range $4.8 - $5.1 million, compared to pretax income of $2.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Inventory at year end is expected to decline modestly from the prior year end; and
- Cash and marketable securities at year end are expected to decline to approximately $18 million from $26.5 million at the prior year end.
The foregoing results are preliminary in nature and remain subject to finalization. Actual results may differ, and any such difference could be material.This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor will there be any sale of any securities referred to in this press release in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such state or jurisdiction. The Rights Offering will be made only by means of a prospectus meeting the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. About Cache, Inc. Cache is a nationwide, mall-based specialty retailer of sophisticated sportswear and social occasion dresses targeting style-conscious women who have a youthful attitude and are self-confident. The Company currently operates 261 stores, primarily situated in central locations in high traffic, upscale malls in 42 states, the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV