The attitudes and opinions of HR leaders from around the world about their role in M&A transactions were featured in Mercer’s latest weekly Mercer/THINK infographic “ HR Strives to Meet Growing M&A Challenges” ( http://mercerthink.mercer.com). Key insights highlighted in this infographic, broken out by geographic region, reveal:
- By a wide margin HR leaders selected change management and business/culture integration as the two issues receiving insufficient leadership attention in M&A situations
- Areas of growing HR involvement in M&A include more support for post-merger integration, increased business focus and knowledge in order to realize full deal value and aggressive timelines between targeting, signing and closing transactions
- HR leaders who felt their departments could not meet leadership’s M&A requirements identified better executive direction, better project management, resources for country-specific HR regulations/practices and M&A-focused training as the most helpful areas for improved outcomes
These findings were derived from more than 325 HR executives who were surveyed as part of their attending Mercer’s global M&A Ready™ ( www.mercer.com/MAREADY) 2012 workshops across the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA.
M&A Ready two-day executive workshops cover today’s best practices in each deal phase as well as critical processes and strategic HR project management approaches that are designed for both cross-border and domestic transactions.
If you would like to discuss the insights highlighted in the infographic or other M&A related topics with Mercer consultants including Len Gray, Global Leader of Mercer’s M&A consulting business, please contact Bruce Lee at 212-345-0553 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also feel free to republish the infographic in your own media outlets.NOTE TO EDITORS - Mercer has recently launched the M&A Ready 2013 workshop series, now in its tenth year, with 24 workshops scheduled worldwide. In the Americas M&A Ready 2013 workshops will be held in the following locations:
- Calgary, Canada – April 10-11
- Medellin, Colombia – April 17-18
- Houston, USA – April 24-25
- Miami, USA – May 14-15
- Toronto, Canada – June 12-13
- New York, USA – June 26-27
- San Francisco, USA – September 17-18
- Mexico City, Mexico - October (exact date tbd)
- Chicago, USA – October 23-24