Apparently investors know that. Share prices for the world's largest maker of earthmoving, construction and mining equipment fell 2.19% from Jan. 22 to Jan. 25, but they have risen past the Jan. 22 level since then.
In what has shaped up as an iconically famous case, Toronto-listed Sino Forest Corp. was accused by a short seller in 2011 of overstating revenue and giving false numbers about its timber acreage rights in China. The Canadian stock exchange forced the company to delist last year.
According to the online business news website Quartz, U.S. investors in China have lost billions of dollars after alleged accounting problems pushed more than 100 Chinese companies off stock exchanges in Canada or the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV