NEW YORK (TheStreet) --
Debra Borchardt: During the financial crisis one of the complaints was with mortgages and the amount of time it took to get a mortgage or to refinance a mortgage. Ellie Mae (AAPL) is the company that has streamlined that. I'm with the CEO, Sig Anderman. So your company really took hold of this market. In fact, some say you really penetrated it fully. So is there any room for you to grow at this point?
Sig Anderman: Oh, of course, because the mortgage process is an enormously complex process, and at this point although we have many, many, many customers, only part of the process is actually automated, and that we've made a big dent in wringing out the inefficiencies and the paperwork and the frustration, but there's a long, long way to go.
Debra Borchardt: One of the things that you're been doing recently is upgrading your current customers to the latest software. How is that going?
Sig Anderman: Oh, that's going very well. More and more customers are getting big and get bigger, and they add more functionality so automating that process and moving them from a licensed version of our software to SAS where we host everything for them has been very popular, and we've had great success in that. Debra Borchardt: I would think that that would be key because that's been one of the complaints, like I said, during the financial crisis is documents getting lost and then going from desk to desk and things losing their momentum, so with that process that you've got, working electronically, are there any concerns about security and privacy? Sig Anderman: Well, actually when you do things electronically things are more secure because you don't have papers floating around where people can copy them or fax them and papers get lost. So doing it electronically we can encrypt it all, and everything is much more secure electronically.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV