TEMPE, Ariz., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The US Airways (NYSE: LCC) Community Foundation has awarded a total of $125,000 in grants to Arizona Opera and Ballet Arizona to assist in facilities renovation.
"US Airways is honored to support nonprofit organizations that focus on sustainable change and result in healthy, vibrant communities," said Elise Eberwein, executive vice president of People, Communications and Public Affairs for US Airways. "With our expanded funding priorities, the Foundation can help organizations like the Opera and Ballet perform much-need facilities improvements."
The US Airways Community Foundation is expanding its funding priorities to allow for a one-time, mission critical major capital expenditure such as a major roof repair, the purchase of a new outreach vehicle or the installation of new, energy-efficient windows. In the past, only formalized capital campaigns for brick and mortar building projects were eligible for support.Specifically, the grants include:
- $75,000 contribution to the Arizona Opera's new Opera Center in downtown Phoenix's Arts Corridor. Arizona Opera will be renovating the existing 16,800 square foot building and constructing two new, adjacent buildings. The new Opera Center will allow annual cost savings of more than $300,000 through the consolidation of operations, elimination of leased space, and divestiture of real property.
- $50,000 additional gift to Ballet Arizona for a total contribution of $75,000 for the major building renovation of an existing property. The new facility will make it possible for Ballet Arizona to double the size of its school and enhance the annual earned revenues as well as increased revenue through programs not previously available because of space limitations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV