US Airways Awards $125,000 In Grants: Arizona Opera And Ballet Arizona Get Facilities Support
TEMPE, Ariz., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The US Airways (NYSE: LCC) Community Foundation has awarded a total of $125,000 in grants to Arizona Opera and Ballet Arizona to assist in facilities renovation.
"US Airways is honored to support nonprofit organizations that focus on sustainable change and result in healthy, vibrant communities," said Elise Eberwein, executive vice president of People, Communications and Public Affairs for US Airways. "With our expanded funding priorities, the Foundation can help organizations like the Opera and Ballet perform much-need facilities improvements."
The US Airways Community Foundation is expanding its funding priorities to allow for a one-time, mission critical major capital expenditure such as a major roof repair, the purchase of a new outreach vehicle or the installation of new, energy-efficient windows. In the past, only formalized capital campaigns for brick and mortar building projects were eligible for support.Specifically, the grants include:
- $75,000 contribution to the Arizona Opera's new Opera Center in downtown Phoenix's Arts Corridor. Arizona Opera will be renovating the existing 16,800 square foot building and constructing two new, adjacent buildings. The new Opera Center will allow annual cost savings of more than $300,000 through the consolidation of operations, elimination of leased space, and divestiture of real property.
- $50,000 additional gift to Ballet Arizona for a total contribution of $75,000 for the major building renovation of an existing property. The new facility will make it possible for Ballet Arizona to double the size of its school and enhance the annual earned revenues as well as increased revenue through programs not previously available because of space limitations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV