The Yorkville High Income MLP ETF (NYSE Arca: YMLP) outpaced more than 90 percent of exchange traded funds launched in 2012 as measured by net asset inflows. YMLP was the fifth most successful U.S.-listed equity ETF and eleventh most successful U.S.-listed ETF launched in 2012 overall in terms of inflows out of 174 peers*.
YMLP, launched on March 13, 2012, has surpassed $100 million in assets under management in less than ten months of trading.
Darren Schuringa, managing partner of Yorkville ETF Advisors, points to several reasons for the success of the fund.
- The 30 Day SEC Yield as of 12/31/2012 was 8.33% for YMLP.
- The rules-based index that YMLP tracks aims to identify those MLPs least likely to cut their distributions and most likely to increase them.
- Broader access to the MLP asset class and the demand for U.S. energy infrastructure.
“Our success since launch shows us that investors want stable high income sources in the energy infrastructure space,” says Schuringa. “MLPs offer equity income exposure to the North American energy development revival and we believe investors will be rewarded in strategies that offer true diversification within the asset class.”Since inception on 3/13/12 through 12/31/12, YMLP has returned -7.18%. 30 Day SEC Yield as of 12/31/2012 was 8.33%. The performance data quoted represents past performance. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost and current performance may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. For performance current to the most recent month-end, please call 1-855-937-9383 or visit www.yetfs.com . The Solactive High Income MLP Index tracked by YMLP is a rules-based index that applies a tiered liquidity weighting methodology to account for liquidity constraints and increase diversification of the portfolio. Analyzed factors include coverage ratio of distributions, distribution growth and size of distributions. A select group of MLPs that are deemed to be most favorable across all three factors become index constituents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV