HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Corporation today announced significant enhancements to the EMC Velocity™ Solution Provider program that will create a simpler, more predictable, and more profitable experience for EMC channel partners globally.
- Enhancements include: a new Target Products rebate; refinements to the Velocity Specialties requirements and benefits; the integration of the EMC Isilon partner program; increased demand generation opportunities, and expanded services offerings, tools and resources.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced significant enhancements to the EMC ® Velocity Solution Provider partner program that will make EMC's industry-leading cloud computing and Big Data technologies and solutions available to more customers – particularly in the rapidly growing mid-market segment. With a continued emphasis on ensuring that Velocity Partners are exceptionally well prepared to sell and/or service EMC products and solutions, customers can be confident they are working with the industry's most competent solution providers to support their business requirements.
The following program changes are effective immediately:
- New Target Products Rebate for Premier and Signature Partners – Provides top Velocity partners¹ with a predictable income stream via rebates paid on sales of targeted EMC technologies that align to the company's key mid-market initiatives. Eligible products include EMC VNX ® and VNXe ® unified storage, EMC Avamar ® and EMC Data Domain ® backup and recovery solutions, and server Flash caching solution EMC VFCache ™. This rebate is paid from the first sale and is in addition to – and can be combined with – EMC's existing performance-based Specialty 2 rebate.
Changes to Velocity Specialty Requirements Focus on Fortifying Selling Capabilities
- The program no longer requires partners to earn an implementation certification to achieve a Specialty 2. While EMC encourages partners to become services-enabled, removing this requirement from the reseller program now allows pure-play resellers a more direct path to achieving Velocity Specialties, where benefit opportunities accelerate. For partners who include services in their business model, EMC has strengthened its Velocity Services offerings (details below).
- There is no longer a revenue requirement for partners to achieve a Specialty.
- Three Specialties are now required for Signature (top tier) partners worldwide, reflecting the most advanced level of competency required of the top tier partners in positioning and selling a broad range of EMC's technologies.
- EMC Isilon Partner Program Integrated into Velocity Program – Former Isilon partners can now become eligible for Velocity benefits on other EMC products, and existing EMC resellers can become eligible to earn benefits from selling Isilon – all within the integrated Velocity program.
- More Products Eligible for Financial Benefits in Velocity Specialties – To help partners align their portfolio with the growing demand for cloud and Big Data solutions, the following products are now eligible for financial benefits within the Backup and Recovery Specialty: EMC Mozy ® cloud backup, EMC Atmos ® object-based cloud storage platform, and EMC Centera ® content addressable storage. EMC Isilon ® scale-out network attached storage platform is also now eligible for benefits within the Consolidate Specialty.
- Amplified Demand Generation: More Market Development Funds (MDF )3, More Qualified Leads – EMC is doubling its investment in demand generation funds, programs, and resources to develop highly qualified opportunities for partners and accelerate revenue growth.
Velocity Services Invests in Enhanced Tools, Offerings, and Resources to Accelerate Services
- Expanded library of online and video-instructor-led services training provides a more convenient and efficient way for partners to access EMC's industry-recognized EMC Proven Professional technical training.
- New online labs allow partners to more efficiently and effectively hone practical implementation skills on EMC technology in a proctored virtual environment.
- New offering in the EMC Cooperative Services portfolio provides partners EMC guidance on their solution design, as well as post-implementation review. As with all EMC Cooperative Service offerings, the partner maintains full control of the customer relationship, and has the depth of EMC expertise in the background to ensure quality implementations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV