Apple is pushing the 128-GB model toward enterprise users, artists and educators, not everyday consumers. "With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs," Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, said in last week's press release.
As the business community increasingly uses the iPad instead of PCs when it comes to document creation, spreadsheets and presentations, they will need the added storage to get the job done, and Apple is providing that.
Apple's website says the Wi-Fi version, priced at $799, is available in one to three business days. The cellular versions on Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T) and Sprint (S) networks (priced at $929) are available in three to five days.Apple shares rose in pre-market trading Tuesday, up 0.5% to $444.70. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV