MECHANICSBURG, Pa., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As the mobile app market continues to grow, privacy and security have become major concerns. To address the potential risks enterprises could face with growing mobile app usage by their employees, partners and customers, ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, has launched a mobile app testing program.
Based on more than 20 criteria that address enterprise concerns about app privacy leaks, vulnerabilities, malicious behavior and reliability, the new testing program can help enterprises determine if the apps they are supporting are properly protecting sensitive data while being safe to use.
Unlike desktop applications, which have traditionally been developed by large, well-known vendors, mobile apps are often created by smaller, less-recognizable software developers. For an enterprise, this means that the mobile apps it supports may not have undergone the same level of privacy and security testing as desktop apps."ICSA Labs has identified an important need in the marketplace, especially as enterprise and consumer computing has become increasingly mobile," said Jack Walsh, mobility program manager at ICSA Labs. "By identifying potential risks upfront and working with enterprises to test their mobile applications, organizations, employees and consumers can be confident that their sensitive data are protected." Unlike traditional testing tools and methodologies, where the primary focus is on code quality, ICSA Lab's mobile app testing program tests for code functionality, among other parameters. The additional level of testing gives enterprises the tools and insights that allows enterprises to determine if the mobile apps they're supporting:
- Violate security policies.
- Expose sensitive customer, partner or internal data.
- Are malicious or are vulnerable to "man-in-the-middle" and "injection-type" attacks and other intrusions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV