- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 21 percent increased staffing while 31 percent of the companies decreased employee headcounts and 48 percent of the companies surveyed maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: The fact that this month’s number is the smallest seasonal decline in the past two years is encouraging and hopefully a sign that the small business labor market is improving.
- What to watch: Despite the uncertainty surrounding the debt ceiling last month, the economy seemed quite resilient. It will be interesting to see if the hiring pace will continue to gradually pick up and sustain growth this winter and for the long-term.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Shows Seasonality Strength
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts