BOSTON, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sappi Fine Paper North America announced today the release of its 2012 Sustainability Report, the company's second annual regional report focusing on the company's strong sustainability performance in North America over the past few years.
Demonstrating how sustainable development is fundamental to Sappi's business strategy, the publication reports on our continued commitments to achieving strategic goals in sustainability, which extend beyond our mill gates to local communities, customers and industry partners.
"Sustainability is a catalyst for growth and over the past five years, we have achieved considerable progress towards our long-term goals," said Jennifer Miller, executive vice president of coated business and chief sustainability officer. "It is this vision that drives our core business strategy, one that recognizes that financial success can only be achieved when operations and sustainability work hand-in-hand to ensure a more profitable future."The Next Five-Year Goals (2012-2016) Building on the company's baseline achievements, Sappi's goals for the next five years continue to focus on people, planet and prosperity with increased drive to further improvements: People
- Target 30,000 hours of education and training for customers through the Sappi ETC. (Education, Training and Consulting) program
- Enhance job performance and managerial skills for all employees by offering training and education at an average rate of 75 hours per employee annually
- Increase the level of certified fiber across all operations to 65%
- Reduce the amount of total energy expended in making each ton of product by 10%
- Reduce fiber and papermaking raw material waste by 10%
- Achieve or exceed an annual 12% return on net assets for Sappi Fine Paper North America
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts