FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ravens may have won the game, but it was the movies that scored the biggest in Zimmerman Advertising's first-ever Z Super Poll. Disney's Lone Ranger and Oz, The Great and Powerful, along with Universal's The Fast the Furious 6 all had the greatest change in purchase intent, while brands such as Samsung, Calvin Klein and GoDaddy.com were sidelined by ineffective advertising.
The findings are all a part of Omnicom-owned Zimmerman Advertising's inaugural 'Z Super Poll.' Conceptualized by zQ, the research division at Zimmerman, to go head to head with likeability-driven polls, this unique, business-driven survey put aside who delivered the funniest ad, or most creative ad to focus on one thing: effectiveness. More than any other metric, it measured only what counts: Having seen this ad, will you try this brand (product or service).
Here's what the Z Super Poll found:
Let's all go to the movies! The studios, especially Disney win big!
- Overall purchase intent winners include Lone Ranger (+19%) and Fast & Furious 6 (+15%).
- Women love Oz (+15%) and men love Fast and Furious.
There's beer, there's soda…and then there's MILK!
- Aside from movies, Milk was a big winner at +11%.
Millenials eat up Blackberry.
- In the smartphone war, 18-34 year olds responded big time to Blackberry (+13%), but bailed on Samsung (-17%).
Intent Trumps Opinion.
- Consider the case of Budweiser. They used two 30 second spots to highlight their new Black Crown brew. "Here's to taste!" they touted. And because this blue-collar brand has suddenly introduced an upscale product, viewers of the game had a high opinion of Budweiser Black Crown (+8%). But at the same time, men were less likely to go buy some after seeing these ads (-6%), while women were ready to give it a try (+8%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV