- Diluted EPS from continuing operations of $0.77 per share included a workforce restructuring charge of $26 million, or $0.13 per share.
- Income from continuing operations before taxes of $155 million compares with a loss from continuing operations before taxes in the year ago period resulting from the $1.5 billion NHS charge.
- Operating income of $268 million compares with an operating loss in the year ago period resulting from the NHS charge.
- Pre-tax margin of 4.1% compares with a loss in the prior year.
- Operating margin of 7.1% compares with a loss in the year ago period. Operating margin excluding restructuring was 7.7% for the third quarter.
- Operating cash flow of $413 million compares with $720 million in the previous year which included a US Claims settlement of $277 million.
- Free cash flow of $245 million for the quarter compares with $499 million in the previous year which also included the US Claims settlement.
- The company divested its credit services business and certain businesses in Italy during the quarter. The net impact of these transactions is reflected in the $2.50 of diluted EPS from discontinued operations.
- During the quarter, CSC returned cash to shareholders by repurchasing approximately 1.97 million shares of common stock for an aggregate price of $77 million and paying $31 million in cash dividends, or $0.20 per share.
- Ending cash and cash equivalents were $2.20 billion.
CSC Reports Continuing Improvement In Operations In Third Quarter 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.