WATERTOWN, Conn. and WORCESTER, Mass., Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- World Energy Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq:XWES), a leading energy management services firm, today announced it has helped the Taft School, an independent boarding and day school, successfully procure more than 13 million kWh of electricity from renewable sources for its Watertown campus. The resulting 36-month contract is expected to reduce the school's carbon footprint while cutting electricity costs by over $300,000.
Through a series of online auctions run on the World Energy Exchange®, the Taft School was able to test various terms and products in a transparent and objective manner. The competitive event attracted numerous suppliers, yielding a winning price more than $.02/kWh less than its prior contract, while delivering 100% green power. Delivery under the new contract terms began January 26, 2013.
By purchasing 100% green energy, the Taft School is expected to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 3,169 metric tons each year. This reduction is the equivalent of each of the following:
- Annual greenhouse gas emissions from 660 passenger vehicles
- CO 2 emissions from 355,213 gallons of gasoline consumed
- CO 2 emissions from 7,369 barrels of oil
- CO 2 emissions from the electricity use of 474 homes for one year (Source: EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV