- Net loss was $3.1 million or $0.14 per share. This compares to a net loss of $2.9 million or $0.13 per share in last year’s first quarter. Excluding the impact of impairment charges, net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 improved to $1.7 million or $0.08 per share, compared to net loss per share of $0.11 in the prior year (see reconciliation below).
- Adjusted EBITDA increased $5.1 million to $48.9 million, compared to $43.8 million a year ago.
- Fuel gross profit was $49.2 million, compared to $55.9 million a year ago; retail fuel margin per gallon was $0.114 compared to $0.122 a year ago; comparable store fuel gallons sold decreased 4.8%.
- Comparable store merchandise revenue increased 2.2%; excluding cigarettes, comparable store merchandise revenue increased 4.6% .
- Merchandise gross margin was 34.3%, compared to 33.2% a year ago.
- Store operating and general and administrative expenses were $147.2 million, compared to $154.4 million a year ago.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $17.0 million, an increase of $10.3 million over the prior year quarter.
- Long-term debt was reduced by $60.8 million in the first quarter of Fiscal 2013 and has now been reduced by $200.4 million since December 2011. The Company believes its liquidity position will allow it to continue to execute its core strategic initiatives given the $24.4 million in cash on hand and $129.9 million in available capacity under its revolving credit facilities as of December 27, 2012.
The Pantry Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts