- Adjusted EPS of $0.60 excludes approximately $113 million in pretax LIFO gains ($0.11 per share) and other items that net to about $0.06 per share.
- Oilseeds Processing profit increased $202 million, with year-over-year improvements in crushing and origination results in all regions.
- Excluding last year’s $339 million asset impairment charge, Corn Processing profit decreased $207 million, due to ongoing weakness in industry ethanol margins.
- Agricultural Services profit rose $77 million, as solid U.S. soybean exports, improved international merchandising and a gain on ADM’s investment in GrainCorp benefitted results.
- Net debt balances declined to $7.2 billion, the lowest level since June 2010, as the benefits of the company wide focus on unlocking cash began to be realized.
ADM Reports Second Quarter 2012.5 Earnings Of $510 Million Or $0.77 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts