Revlon, Inc. (NYSE: REV) today announced results for the year and the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012.
2012 results compared to 2011:
- Net sales of $1,426.1 million compared to $1,381.4 million, an increase of 3.2%. Excluding unfavorable foreign currency fluctuations of $21.2 million, 2012 net sales increased by 4.8%.
- Operating income of $188.7 million, which included $24.1 million of restructuring and related charges associated with the actions announced in September 2012, and a net charge of $8.9 million related to estimated costs of settling previously disclosed shareholder litigation related to the Company’s 2009 exchange offer, compared to $203.3 million.
- Net income of $51.1 million, or $0.98 per diluted share, compared to $53.4 million, or $1.02 per diluted share. Net income in 2012 included $24.1 million ($22.9 million after tax) of restructuring and related charges and a net charge of $8.9 million, before and after tax, related to the shareholder litigation noted above. Net income in 2011 included charges of $11.2 million ($6.8 million after tax) related to the 2011 refinancing of the Company’s bank credit facilities.
- Adjusted EBITDA a of $254.0 million, which included $24.1 million of restructuring and related charges and a net charge of $8.9 million related to the shareholder litigation noted above, compared to $266.0 million.
- Net cash provided by operating activities of $104.1 million compared to $88.0 million; free cash flow b of $84.0 million compared to $74.4 million.
Commenting on today’s announcement, Revlon President and Chief Executive Officer, Alan T. Ennis said, “2012 was a very positive year. We delivered top line growth of almost 5%, reflecting the effectiveness of our strategy. From a marketplace perspective, we introduced new, innovative products, which, together with effective brand communication and strong in-store execution, drove positive performance of our Revlon branded products in many of our key regions. Our financial performance was strong as we again maintained highly competitive margins and delivered $84 million of free cash flow. We are also very pleased with the integration and performance during the year of our SinfulColors and Pure Ice acquisitions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV