WATERLOO, Ontario, Feb. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that it's extending its cloud-based Air Messaging services across all Descartes OneView (formerly IES Enterprise Forwarder Solution) customers. By taking advantage of these services, forwarders and brokers can enhance air cargo management capabilities by seamlessly connecting and exchanging shipment data and documents with air carriers.
"Part of the strategy at John S. James Co. is to leverage industry-leading technology to streamline our operations, enhance our service offering, and support revenue and market share growth as our business evolves," said Len James, CFO of the John S. James Co. "Descartes' Enterprise Forwarder solution has been pivotal to our success. Working with Descartes has offered us better opportunities to deploy more mission-critical capabilities for connectivity and collaboration with trading partners."
Descartes acquired Integrated Export Systems and IES Asia Limited (collectively referred to as "IES") on June 15, 2012. The OneView solution portfolio extends the reach and functional capabilities of Descartes' global logistics community and provides a comprehensive application footprint for forwarders, customs brokers, and NVOCCs. Now with fully integrated air messaging services that leverage Descartes' Global Logistics Network (GLN), OneView customers can exchange air waybills, house bills and status messages electronically with more than 90 global air carriers. This solution enables users to:
- standardize and automate air cargo and freight management operations;
- meet global trade requirements;
- provide real-time shipment status monitoring;
- improve service by transmitting accurate tracking updates to customers;
- reduce transportation costs by minimizing carrier charges for security and documentation services; and
- participate in key air cargo industry initiatives, including eFreight and Cargo2000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV