Within the NLM, a significant thickness of disseminated Cu-Ni-PGE bearing sulphide has been identified in the initial drilling. Notably, the mineralized material is unlike mineralization in the nearby Spruce Road and Maturi Deposits, having an elevated Cu:Ni ratio of 5:1. The presence of this mineralization in the NLM confirms the existence of sulphide-bearing magmas in the feeder conduit to the mineralized SKI. The high Cu:Ni ratio suggests sulphide fractionation took place within the NLM, and highlights the possibility that the system may contain zones of concentrated Ni-rich sulphide minerals in the feeder conduit.
Significant widths of mineralization in the NLM area have been identified both in surface outcrop and in two drill holes to date (Fig. 4). Highlights from the drilling to date are as follows: (The mineralized body is interpreted to dip at about 60° to the southeast. True thickness is estimated at about 95% of core length).
- 12-DM-017 returned a 243.4 foot intersection of 0.38% copper, 0.08% nickel and 0.12 grams/tonne (g/t) TPM, including a 30 foot intersection of 0.50% copper, 0.10% nickel and 0.13 g/t TPM.
- 12-DM-018 returned a 291.0 foot intersection of 0.30% copper, 0.06% nickel and 0.17 g/t TPM, including a 23.7 foot intersection of 0.50% copper, 0.09% nickel, and 0.33 ppm g/t TPM.
Full assay results are shown in the following Table 2:
From To Thickness Cu Ni Pt Pd Au TPM Drill Hole (ft) (ft) (ft) (%) (%) (g/t) (g/t) (g/t) (g/t) 12-DM-017 91.1 334.5 243.4 0.38 0.08 0.03 0.06 0.03 0.12 including 196.0 226.0 30.0 0.50 0.10 0.03 0.07 0.03 0.13 12-DM-018 113.4 404.4 291.0 0.30 0.06 0.04 0.08 0.04 0.17 including 380.7 404.4 23.7 0.50 0.09 0.10 0.15 0.08 0.33
Ongoing drilling efforts are aimed at demonstrating the continuity of this mineralization on strike and at depth, as well as following this mineralization to deeper sections of the NLM. Future drilling efforts within deeper sections of the NLM will focus on looking for higher grade mineralization analogous to that found in the Maturi Deposit and potential concentrations of Ni-rich massive sulphide. Drilling the most prospective area for potential concentrations of massive sulphide at the mouth of the NLM will require summer road building, planned to commence in the spring.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV