20 Years Of Eurogiro - A Special Setup Within Cross-Border Payments
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, February 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
On the 5 th February 2013, a unique company within the payments industry celebrates its 20 th anniversary.
Eurogiro embraces financial institutions of many kinds as members of its network - posts, post banks, small and large banks, other payments service providers and mobile operators.Members use Eurogiro to provide any kind of payment product to their clients, be it cash payments or account-to-account transfers, initiated from any channel the client prefers. What they have in common is the strategy to create a competitive advantage by insisting on cost efficiency, transparency and fairness in their payment services. Eurogiro will celebrate some innovative successes achieved over its first 20 years:
- Electronic payments ' network, with a unique bulking architecture that secured very low production costs and high levels of automation. It eliminated paper-based transactions amongst members.
- Joint credits and cash payments with market-leading transparency in speed, charging and foreign exchange rates.
- Unmatched reach to a unique blend of financial institutions. Many members have the largest branch network within their country and a significant share of account holders of retail, corporate and public clients. It is a top priority for Eurogiro to expand its reach.
- Establishment of an office in Singapore to provide regional support to Asia Pacific members, and further develop business in the region.
- Partnership between Western Union and Eurogiro for same-day cash payments. This was amongst the first of the cross-industry partnerships, signed in 1998 and renewed several times, and combined the market-leading service of Western Union with the un-matched postal branch network. Eurogiro later added long-lasting partnerships with SWIFT and UPU.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts