HAILO Raises $30 Million, Picks Up Former Head Of Coffee Biz At Starbucks To Perk Up Urban Travel
Quick facts about HAILO:
- A HAILO hail is accepted every five seconds around the world.
- HAILO cabs have carried over 2.5M passengers.
- HAILO is the world's largest e-hailing network with hundreds of thousands of passengers and tens of thousands of drivers registered.
- HAILO has a global workforce of nearly 200, with a significant engineering team led by the former COO of Shazam.
- Right now in Manhattan you are always less than five minutes away from a HAILO taxi. HAILO has thousands of drivers in NYC using its driver-only network and is currently awaiting a response to its recently submitted E-Hail application from the Taxi and Limousine Commission to begin servicing passengers.
- HAILO is live to passengers in Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Dublin, and London.
Notes to editors Hailo's $30.6M Series B investment was led by USV and included participation from Sir Richard Branson, Phenomen Ventures (a Moscow-based fund on track to be the next DST), Felicis Ventures, Red Swan Ventures, as well as existing investors Accel Partners, Wellington Partners, and Skype Founder Niklas Zennström's Atomico Ventures. This brings Hailo's total capital raised to date to $50.6M.
Tom Barr, President and Chief Operating Officer, USA Tom Barr possesses extensive operational expertise, having served senior roles at some of the world's most prestigious companies such as Starbucks Coffee Company and GlaxoSmithKline. His career is marked by continuously leading organizations through major change; where creation of a new strategic vision and resourceful relentlessness are the key success criteria. Barr worked at Starbucks for more than 10 years, seeing the company through massive growth. Most recently, he served as Vice President, Global Coffee. His accomplishments include scaling the lunch and hot food business across North America and aggressively growing the Coffee business through the introduction of Blonde Roast coffee. This level of experience will be invaluable as Hailo takes on a host of U.S. cities, leading with New York. Barr received his MBA from Vanderbilt University where he serves on the Alumni Board of Directors and he also serves on the Board of Directors of Cracker Barrel, Old Country Store.
Colm O'Cuilleanain, President, EMEA Colm O'Cuilleanain launched Hailo Dublin and made it the number one taxi service in the city its first three months of operations. He now extends his remit to become President, EMEA. His first priority in his new role is to introduce the service to Spain, beginning with Madrid and Barcelona. Colm brings a wealth of international leadership and entrepreneurial experience gained across the media and tech sectors - including senior executive roles at Maiden Outdoor Advertising, Avenir SA, Mills & Allen and founding numerous technology start-ups including Netsure Telecom and Visible Thread. Colm was an Angel investor in HAILO's first round of financing in 2011.
Kiyotaka Fujii, President, Japan and Asia Pacific Kiyotaka Fujii has been appointed President, Japan and Asia Pacific and has joined the Hailo Board. With over 30 years in international business, his experience has ranged from investment banking, information technology, and consumer products to the electric vehicle industry. Fujii has held Japan President and CEO positions with top global companies since 1997, including Better Place Japan, Louis Vuitton Japan, SAP Japan and Cadence Design Systems Japan. Fujii expanded SAP's business three-fold, led Louis Vuitton as the leading luxury brand and showcased the world's first electric vehicle taxi project with the Japanese government as president of Better Place Japan. He is currently a non-executive director of Olympus, having been brought in to re-build the business. Fujii received his MBA from the Harvard Business School in 1986 and his B. Law from the University of Tokyo in 1981.For more information about Hailo visit: http://hailocab.com or @HAILO To download the app, visit the Apple App Store or Google Play store and search on "hailo".
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts