Majority Of Angelenos Support New City Ordinance For Regulated Use Of Digital Signs; Want Critical Public Safety Benefits To Be Preserved
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new poll released today found that 62% of Angelenos support the city of Los Angeles adopting a new ordinance to regulate digital signs. Sign Up LA, the coalition of business groups, nonprofit organizations, community groups and sign companies that supports the reasonable use and location of digital signs in Los Angeles, released the survey demonstrating strong public support for digital signs and the significant public safety benefits they provide in the city of Los Angeles.
The poll results, from 1,500 adults in the city of Los Angeles, show that the majority opinion aligns with the efforts of the Sign Up LA coalition to support a new digital signage policy in the city, similar to policies enacted by cities in 43 states and more than 450 localities across the country.
Other key survey findings include:
- An overwhelming majority of those surveyed (80%) think digital signs are good tools for communicating public safety messages. Two of three respondents said they would be concerned if digital signs were turned off; 27% of all respondents expressed they would be "very concerned."
- More than 60% of those surveyed support a proposal allowing for a number of digital signs in return for the removal of a number of traditional billboards, and generating revenue for the city while preserving public safety alerts.
- A plurality of residents, 48%, opposes turning off the city's existing digital signs. A minority, 34%, supports turning off the signs.
It is also significant to note that those adults surveyed rated crime and jobs/city economy as their top two issues. The Sign Up LA coalition is demonstrating through a series of white papers that these are two important city issues that digital signs directly impact.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV